A 2 days Certificate Course on “Addiction Medicine” was conducted by Nirman Psychiatric Nursing, Rehabilitation & Deaddiction Centre, Lohegaon in collaboration with Mukta Charitable Truston 30th& 31st March 2019 at the premises of Nirman. The topics covered included:
- Overview of Addiction as a Disease
- Alcohol, Nicotine, Cannabis, Opium addiction
- Addiction to novel substances like Inhalants, Stimulants, Sedatives, Club Drugs, Designer Drugs, etc.
- Mobile & Internet addiction
- Experience sharing to fight addiction
- Treatment of addiction (with emphasis on alcohol addiction)
- Psychiatric comorbidity in addiction
- Laws and legal issues regarding addiction
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- MI & BI techniques and counselling in de-addiction
- Relapse prevention
A QUIZ, based on all the topics covered during the course, was also conducted at the end of the session for the participants.
The Chief Guest of Honour for the above program was Mrs. SindutaiSapkal, who shared her experiences during the inauguration of the program
The program had an overwhelming response & was well attended by over a 100 delegates varying from students of MBBS, Psychiatry, Psychology and MSW to Doctors and professionals working the in field of addiction. Participants came from as far away as Akola, Nagpur, Goa & Mumbai.