NIRMAN has the distinction of being able to cater to and fulfill the needs of the person with mental illness and the related family. The programs and evolution of the programs are an example of the response of NIRMAN as a professional body to the changing and evolving psycho social field.
PSYCHO PHARMACOLOGICAL MANAGEMENT:
The first and one of the main stay of treatment at NIRMAN Centre for short and long term rehabilitation and care is apt and right medication prescribed by the most experienced and well versed psychiatrists who have adept skill to do it the best. NIRMAN being a residential centre with controlled environment and round the clock supervision, right medication and minimum necessary dosage is titrated and put on. With right medication at the right dosage, the resident is able to be symptom free and involve and respond appropriately to recovery oriented programs.
NIRMAN has a team of counsellors who are all post graduates in psychology and special interest and with training in abnormal psychology to counsel the residents. The counselling sessions happen at regular intervals with the counsellor meeting the residents on a daily basis. The Counsellor is the one who co-ordinates with the whole team and is the main contact person.
FAMILY INTERVENTIONS & THERAPY:
NIRMAN believes and considers that family interventions and involvement at regular intervals are very important part of psycho social rehabilitation. Family being the primary care takers as part of rehabilitation program are helped to develop skills to manage the person with mental health problems and be aware of the condition and medications. At NIRMAN family sessions are aimed at :
- Resolution or at least understanding the area of conflict between the resident(person with mental illness) and family
- Better understanding of the problem and treatment measures and its outcomes
- Help and identify area of communication creating conflict or problem and improve communication patterns in the family
- Help enhance problem solving, coping skills and strategies
- Training in activities of Living skills
- Family Interventions and therapies
- Vocational and occupational rehabilitation
- Supported Education
- Supported Living
- Supported Employment